[Enigmail] Per recipient rule to disable PGP/MIME?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Jan 26 08:29:02 PST 2012

John Clizbe wrote, On 2012-01-25 18:28:
> Yep, signing just fine:
>
> UNTRUSTED Good signature from Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net>
> Key ID: 0x1AEF90F4 / Signed on: 1/25/2012 11:00 AM
> Key fingerprint: 3C8C F75D 7627 DDBD 8CB3 AAE7 D88E F061 1AEF 90F4

I know I can sign things just fine, that isn't the issue, but thanks.

> If you are seeing the signature into a separate attachment, somehow you have
> PGP/MIME enabled. Recheck your Per-Recipient rule. The default for PGP/MIME
> should be 'Never' or 'Yes, if selected in Message Composition'. Also check the
> default setting for your mail account under Account Settings --> OpenPGP.
> Clear the box 'Use PGP/MIME by default'

The behavior I want (and am expecting with what the Enigmail UI is
providing me) is for all messages to be signed automatically with
PGP/MIME enabled, unless I've setup a rule per recipient to not use
PGP/MIME but still sign the message.

Are you asking me to just give up on using PGP/MIME for all/most
recipients all together?

> Doesn't seem to be a bug just settings needing tweaked.

Looks like a bug to me at this point. I'm asking an application to do
something automatically, with an exception to that rule. The application
doesn't respect that rule.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net