[Enigmail] Per recipient rule to disable PGP/MIME?

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Wed Jan 25 16:28:00 PST 2012

Rubin Abdi wrote:
> John Clizbe wrote, On 2012-01-24 18:48:
>> If this doesn't work, delete the rule. Click OK to exit.
>
> Did all that, repeated from scratch, still seeing the same issue. The
> blue plus (+) does appear next to the signature icon in the status bar
> at the bottom of the composition window, so I know that the filter
> works. But the message sent still dumps the signature into an attached file

Yep, signing just fine:

UNTRUSTED Good signature from Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net>
Key ID: 0x1AEF90F4 / Signed on: 1/25/2012 11:00 AM
Key fingerprint: 3C8C F75D 7627 DDBD 8CB3 AAE7 D88E F061 1AEF 90F4

If you are seeing the signature into a separate attachment, somehow you have
PGP/MIME enabled. Recheck your Per-Recipient rule. The default for PGP/MIME
should be 'Never' or 'Yes, if selected in Message Composition'. Also check the
default setting for your mail account under Account Settings --> OpenPGP.
Clear the box 'Use PGP/MIME by default'

>> If things don't work, then open a bug. Don't be in too much of a hurry though,
>> others on the list may have other ideas.

Doesn't seem to be a bug just settings needing tweaked.

-John

(Replies to the list, please. Please don't CC on lists posts)
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John ( a ) Enigmail DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"