[Enigmail] Enigmail reformatting messages.

Lachezar Dobrev l.dobrev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 04:25:46 PST 2012

  Hello Patrick,

  Following your advice I disabled wrapping. That seemed to work.
  However recently I got complaints from recipients, that do not have
Enigmail, and don't use Thunderbird anyway. Of course I do not
sign/encrypt mail to them, but the no-wrapping option makes the mails
hard to read there.

  Hence this solution does not work well for me: it's a global
solution for a local problem. Like i've mentioned earlier if I do not
sign/encrypt the message I get «correct» behaviour: the mail's text is
wrapped, but not the quoted text.

  Is it possible to follow the same method and make Enigmail wrap only
non-quoted lines?

  Just to note: due to the same behaviour GMail fails to recognize
quoted text and does not hide it.

  PGP/MIME used to be my preferred method of sending mail until I came
to this list and got «scolded» for that.
  PGP/MIME is not supported by APG/K9-Mail on Android, which is
another no-no for me.

  I am inclined to take a rude stab at doing that myself, but Enigmail
is «HUGE», and searching for the relevant code is impractical. I am
not even sure whether this is in JS code, or native code. Any
pointers?