[Enigmail] key problem

garlicxsauce at distruzione.org garlicxsauce at distruzione.org
Mon Jan 23 14:39:22 PST 2012

Hey Olav,

Pardon my ignorance in this field, how can i import a key in both ways,
public and private? i tried to do as you suggested, importing my old key
into the gpg4win (import certificates), simply picking up my old key
file, that i copied as an icon from my old machine. In this way, i
basically just import my public old key and my new system cannot
recognize the private part of the key. there's a way for exporting the
key from my old machine ( i had windows privacy tray as enc-software on
that one) so that i can use the old key as my main key in this new pc,
without creating any new one, and, following that, re-install TB+EG and
pick it up? after that i'll try to decrypt some old mails, and i'll see
how it goes.

Thanks again,
Enrico