[Enigmail] The new Enigmail code?

Ludwig Hügelschäfer ludwig at enigmail.net
Sun Jan 22 11:37:27 PST 2012

Phil Stracchino wrote on 22.01.12 19:25:

> I'm seeing a probably-unanticipated side effect of Mozilla's rapid
> release cycle ...  increasing numbers of extensions are falling out of
> availability simply because their authors have more important things
> to be doing with their time than update the version compatibility
> number every few weeks.  By the time they check it again for
> compatibility, the major version's bumped again...

Yes, this has caused a lot of discussions. However, Mozilla is planning
to automatically adapt min/maxversion for extensions containing no
binary (C/C++)-components with the releases. This is the main reason why
Patrick is planning to completely abandon binary components towards a JS
only enigmail. Now we're on topic again ;-)

Ludwig

--
The Enigmail Project - OpenPGP Email Security For Mozilla Applications