[Enigmail] Disabling 'Attach my public key option' by default

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 9 04:26:21 PDT 2010

Guruprasad wrote:
> Hi all, I have installed Enigmail extension in Thunderbird 3.0.4 and
> added my keys for signing the emails. By default in the OpenPGP menu,
> there is an option called ' Attach my public key' that is enabled by
> default, which I don't want to be enabled by default. How can I
> change the default?

Click on the mailbox to which you wish to make this change.
Click on "View settings for this account" under "Accounts".
Click on "OpenPGP Security"
Under "Message Composition Default Options" uncheck "Sign non-encrypted
messages by default".
Click OK

--
  ^^-^^ 07:20:01 up 33 days, 15:15, 3 users, load average: 5.13, 4.86, 4.64