If you have any further questions about data protection, please contact us via e-mail:
1. Name and contact information of the data controller
Responsible for the processing of your personal data is
Patrick Brunschwig Käferholzstrasse 34 8057 Zurich Switzerland
2. Processing when using the website
When you visit our website, the browser used on your end device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected and stored until it is automatically deleted (usually 30 days):
- used type of browser,
- used operating system,
- access date and time as well as
- country of origin and IP address,
- the name of the file,
- the amount of data transferred,
- the access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.) and
- the page from which the file was requested.
This website is hosted by an external hoster (Hostpoint GmbH). The personal data collected on this website is stored on the hoster’s servers. Our hoster will process your data only to the extent necessary to fulfill its obligations to perform under our instructions. In order to ensure data protection-compliant processing, we have concluded data processing agreement with our hoster.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a reliable connection setup of the website,
- Ensuring a convenient use of our website,
- checking and ensuring system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is the Swiss Federal Act on Data Processing. Our legitimate interest results from the aforementioned purposes of data collection. We will not use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
3. Transfer of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only share your personal data with third parties if:
- you have given your explicit consent,
- the disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the disclosure, as well as
- it is legally permitted and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you
- it is carried out by a service provider acting on our behalf and on our exclusive instructions, whom we have carefully selected and with whom we have concluded a corresponding data processing agreement, which obligates our contractor to implement, in particular, appropriate security measures and grants us comprehensive control powers.
4. Enigmail Forum
We also provide a forum for you to join discussions and report defects. For this purpose, we use an independent service provided and operated by sourceforge.org. Sourceforge.org is independent from Enigmail, and we have no control over their data protection policy.
5. Mailing list
You can also subscribe to our mailing list if you would like to be informed about community discussions and news in the form of newsletters. If you add your email address and optionally your name to the mailing list, you will receive a confirmation email to complete your registration. The legal basis for the processing is your consent. Registration is voluntary and you can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
We use the mailing software GNU Mailman to operate the mailing list. The software runs on servers of Hostpoint GmbH.
6. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, provided that there are grounds for this based on your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of objection, simply send an e-mail to
7. Right to withdraw
If your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent (e.g. via the mailing list), you can withdraw your consent at any time and without any disadvantages. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing that was based on this consent for the future. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the withdrawal.
If you wish to make use of your right of withdrawal, simply send an e-mail to
8. Rights of the data subject and right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
As a data subject of a processing of personal data, you have the right to
- request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the data will be stored, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- demand the immediate rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing;
- receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to request the transfer to another controller;
- withdraw your consent at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing that was based on this consent in the future.
To exercise your data protection rights or your right to lodge a complaint, simply send an e-mail to
9. Data security
We use the SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser when visiting the website. This is usually a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. To see whether an individual page of our website is encrypted, click on the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. We continuously adapt our security measures in line with technological developments.
10. Last Update
This data protection declaration is valid as of April 2022. Due to the further development of our website and offers or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to revise this data protection declaration from time to time.