Updating Dutch (nl) translation

Language packs contributed by volunteers that are not yet included in the latest official release.

Updating Dutch (nl) translation

Postby steffanj » 18th Nov 2009 14:29

Administrators, if this subject is in the wrong place please move it, but this seemed the most appropriate place to post this.

I am currently working on updating the Dutch translation. A first version of this is available at http://home.online.nl/remmer.jacobs/enigmail/ for those who are interested. This is however not yet finished and I am still waiting for some other people to agree on this translation before I submit it. Also the help files are not completely translated yet. I do have a few questions/remarks that I want to post here first.

Should the translation be nl-NL or nl? I've noticed most languages on the site are with country code even if this is not really necessary, i.e. it is the only translation in that language.
    Is the translation script (make-lang.sh) still completely up to date? It seems it only installs 4 of the 6 help files that are not present in the english version.
    Also the script searches for upgrade_080.html, is this really still necessary to include? The English version doesn't seem to have it anymore.
    How is compatibility organized? Languagepacks are named with for example 0.95 or 0.96 on the server, does this mean that they are compatible with every subversion of that version? Are they all compatible with older versions?

I'm sorry if this is quite a long list of questions, but I hope it will result in a better languagepack. Thanks in advance for you help.
steffanj
New user
New user

Return to Contributed Language Packs