All keys "missing" in OpenPGP Key Management?

This forum contains answers to frequently asked questions. You should always check here if you are having a problem before posting to any of the other forums.

All keys "missing" in OpenPGP Key Management?

Postby ViperGeek » 21st Jul 2009 18:36

I recently allowed Enigmail to be upgraded to 0.96.0 within Thunderbird 2.0.0.22. After the application restarted, all of the keys previously listed in the OpenPGP Key Management window were gone. Logging, as well as the GnuPG command-line, show that the keys are actually there. It's just that the Key Management window shows nothing. I downgraded back to Enigmail 0.95.5 and all my keys were once again visible.

Is this a bug or a feature of Enigmail 0.96.0? Has anyone else seen this behavior in the latest release? I checked the FAQ and Commonly Known Problems, but saw no reference to this. I also couldn't find any Release Notes for 0.96.0, although that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Thanks for any help or enlightenment.

- Dave
0x67318B6D

[Note: moved to FAQ by Patrick]
ViperGeek
New user
New user

Re: All keys "missing" in OpenPGP Key Management?

Postby patrick » 22nd Jul 2009 10:57

It's a feature. If you want to see all keys, then click on the checkbox "Display all keys by default". Otherwise, only those keys will be displayed that match the entered search criteria.
patrick
Developer
Developer

Re: All keys "missing" in OpenPGP Key Management?

Postby ViperGeek » 22nd Jul 2009 16:40

Thank you very much, Patrick! I can't believe I missed that obvious checkbox at the top of the window.

- Dave
ViperGeek
New user
New user

Return to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)