The standard Enigmail package contains many languages and can be used with no further requirements in localised versions of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey.
If your mail client is localised in a language that is not included in Enigmail, then you must install a language pack for Enigmail directly after you installed Enigmail.
If no package is available for the language you need, please consider to contribute by translating Enigmail yourself! In this case, please follow the instructions provided below.
How to Translate Enigmail to a new language
The easiest way to translate Enigmail is via Babelzilla. This is an online translation platform, where Enigmail is hosted. To translate Enigmail:
- Create an account at Babelzilla, and log into your account
- From the menu WTS select List all extensions
- Switch to the tab All extensions and search for Enigmail
- Click on the extension name (e.g. Enigmail 1.2)
- Register yourself for a translation. You can either register for an existing translation that doesn't have a translator, or register for a new translation.
- Click on the translation name and start translating the files. The most important files to translate are enigmail.dtd and enigmail.properties.
- Once you'll have completed your translation, set the status to "released". We will be notified and create a language pack from it.
Don't hesitate to contact us either via the mailing list or by sending us a message with Babelzilla if anything is unclear.